Monday Retrospect

Confessions of a Bassist

I apologize for the delay in the post, but I've been having some tummy tantrums over the weekend. Please do check out the new section of my site, it's called "The Fourstring Confessions", a page dedicated to my reflections in my Christian walk. All you need to do is click the page tab on top!

Do stay tuned for the other additions to my site. Again, please bear with me because I'm still figuring out how to go about all of this :)
------

North Trip, Food Trip Thursday

Hannah, Me and Tin, getting ready to grill!
Last Thursday, Tin Caberto and I went to visit the Interior Design Exhibit of a very well loved and good friend, Hannah Zuniga. It wasn't her solo exhibit, but rather, the exhibits of the 2011 graduating batch of the Philippine School of Interior Design, called Jak en Poy (the local version for Rock, Paper, Scissors). It was a very beautiful exhibit, showcasing the sustainability of certain materials readily available in our country.

The exhibits were very well thought of, and all looked very inspired. My personal favorite was the exhibit called Wondergrass which was basically a kitchen that used bamboo as it's main material. I also loved Paperview, a living room design that used paper as it's main material. They also explained how they treated the paper to make it water and fire resistant.


Hannah, getting her dessert fix
The three of us (Tin, Hannah and I) spent some time at Yakimix SM North EDSA, chowing down on very delicious food. I think the girls enjoyed the dessert buffet as well! I was too full to take in any more. To end our day, we chilled at a soy milk bar (really sorry, I forgot the name T_T)  at The Block.

All in all, it was a wonderful time of fun, fellowship, food and friendship.

The PSID 2011 Exhibit, Jak en Poy, extended until November 6, 2011.  
------

Crossing the Rivers of Life

I always find it a blessing to attend worship service at Building Bridges. It isn't the largest church group I've ever been part of, nor is it the "youngest" congregation I've been privileged to lead worship at, but it is the most laid back and organic church I've ever ministered in.  And after having break last Sunday to give way for the National Holidays (yes, our church does go on break during certain National Holidays in emphasis and support of the importance of church people having family time) it felt so good to be back, ministering alongside the people you love to the congregation you love.

We are recently concluded a series on the Beatitudes and we are now going through a series on the book of Joshua. Bishop Ef Tendero spoke on Crossing the Rivers of Life, using Joshua 3 as a beautiful basis of overcoming the different situations we face.

The Building Bridges Worship Team during rehearsal. Photo Courtesy of Chino Bartolome

If you guys are in the Makati area during Sunday evenings, do drop by and join us at Building Bridges. We may be a very small fellowship, but God moves in big ways here. We meet at the 6th floor of the Pacific Star Low Rise Building, Makati avenue corner Buendia avenue. Service starts at 7pm. Bishop Ef Tendero or Bishop Cesar Punzalan are usually share the message.