A Tribute to My Mother


I am who I am because my mother is who she is. I am who I am because my mom sought to raise me in the best way she knew possible, and all the rest that she did not know, she entrusted to God. Sure, there were many times growing up that I did not understand what she was doing (or not allowing me to do) no matter how hard I tried to understand; there were many times when She’d feel tired & unappreciated; there were times when she’d express her frustration and disappointment. 

But when the times that I expressed my frustration and disappointment, she’d always be there comfort and anchor me, helping me focus on what can be done. When I would be the one who would feel tired and unappreciated, she would go out of her way to reaffirm me and make me feel special. And when she does not understand what I am doing (or am not doing) she entrusts me to the Lord to grant me wisdom and guidance. My mother laid the foundations of who I am today. And I am proud to be called her son. I know that I have not been the best son a mother could ask for (specially growing up) but I do know I have the best mother. My mom kept asking me before if I could go back in time and choose my parentage, would I. Mom. My answer is still the same. No. I am who I am because you are who you are. I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love you mom. 
Mom with her 4 Ms
To all of you Mothers and mothers to be, I salute you. Your children will become who they will be because you are who you are. I pray that may God grant you the wisdom and grace to receive life as you invest it in to the lives of your Children and Family. I pray that in the times you feel tired, may God’s strength sustain you. When you feel unloved and under appreciated, I pray that may you see yourself in the way God sees you: His beloved. I pray that may you never cease seeking the Heart of God; that you continue to strive to be the person, wife and mother God has designed you to be. Happy Mother's Day to you. 


And to all of my friends, please, thank your mother for me. Because without her, I wouldn't have come to meet the wonderful person that is you.


Shalom

-M-